Regionalization Bills We Are Watching
Updates in progress…
SB 738AN ACT CONCERNING THE CREATION OF REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICTS.
Statement of Purpose: To create a more efficient educational system.
SB 457AN ACT CONCERNING THE SIZE OF SCHOOL DISTRICTS.
Statement of Purpose: To require certain small school districts to create new or join existing regional school districts.
SB 874AN ACT CONCERNING EDUCATION INITIATIVES AND SERVICES IN CONNECTICUT.
Statement of Purpose: To implement the Governor's budget recommendations.
HB 7319AN ACT CONCERNING FISCAL INDEPENDENCE OF SCHOOL DISTRICTS.
Statement of Purpose: To require that local and regional school districts of a certain size become taxing authorities, separate from any municipality, for the provision of educational services.
HB 7192AN ACT CONCERNING MUNICIPAL AND REGIONAL OPPORTUNITIES AND EFFICIENCIES
To implement the Governor's budget recommendations.
- Introduced by: REP. ARESIMOWICZ, 30th Dist. REP. RITTER M., 1st Dist. SEN. LOONEY, 11th Dist. SEN. DUFF, 25th Dist.
- Committee: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Public Hearing Date: Wed 3/20
- Next Steps: Public Hearing
- Public Hearing Testimony
- Bill Page – CT General Assembly